If you are a Windows user, you might have complained that you failed to install the latest update, KB5010793, on your system. But don’t worry if you do not know how to install this latest update, we are here to help you out!
In this article, we will discuss the functionality of KB5010793 and the installation process.
What Improvements Does Windows Update kb5010793 Make?
Windows has recently released the update KB5010793 as a solution to get rid of VPN issues after installing the previous update KB5009543. It is a non-security update that improves the overall quality of the operating system.
The KB5010793 Windows update supports systems running on Windows 10. This update was released for Windows 10 versions 20H2, 21H1, and 21H2 for improvement and solving the problems mentioned above. The VPN issues are the main focus of Windows Update KB5010793.
The purpose of this update is to fix the issue where Windows 10 users:
1. Cannot connect to a remote VPN host.
- Without disrupting the VPN connections between Windows 10-based client computers and a VPN host, the computer can be patched or updated using the KB5009543 update without affecting its functionality.
2. Face unforeseen restarts on the domain controllers for Windows Server.
- Uninstalling the security update KB5009543 that caused the problem and the update that came before it and then installing the KB5010793 update for Windows 10 computers is the most effective way to work around this issue.
You can continue with the security update KB5009543 even if you do not work with VPN connections or do not connect to a VPN host through the Windows 10 computer.
Ways To Download Windows Update kb5010793
Go to the “Windows Update service” or the “Microsoft Update Catalog” to download the latest update.
Method 1: Microsoft’s Catalog of Available Updates
Follow these steps to install the Windows Update kb5010793.
- Visit the Microsoft Update Catalog online from here.
- Write “KB5010793” in the search bar and press Enter.
3. The update’s size will vary depending on the operating system’s (Os’s) architecture.
The KB5010793 update for x64-based systems is fairly large, coming in at 648.1 MB. KB5010793 for x86 is 304.7 MB in size. A 64-bit ARM version of KB5010793 is 680.7 MB in size.
4. Get the update that works with your computer’s OS and hardware configuration.
5. Installing a file requires nothing more than opening it up after downloading.
Method 2: Operating System Upgrade (Windows)
- Press the Start button, search for Settings and open it.
- Now, go to the Update & Security option.
3. The update’s size will vary depending on the operating system’s architecture.
4. Select the Update now option.
5. Run the “Security Update for Windows (KB5010793)” program.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update referred to as the “Security Update for Windows (KB5010793).”
After the update has been installed, a system restart is required.
How To Fix kb5010793 Not Installing?
Following are the effective methods to fix “kb5010793 Not Installing.”
Method 1: Manually Updating Windows
Manually updating Windows is a viable option for fixing the Update KB5010793 not installing problem.
To achieve this, follow these steps.
- To access the desktop Settings menu, simultaneously press the Windows key plus the letter I.
- Access the Update & Security section of the Settings window by selecting it from the left-hand menu.
3. Click the Check for updates button on the new screen that has opened, and then choose Windows Update from the list of available options.
4. The previously unavailable update to your system has now been installed.
Method 2: Launching the Windows Update Troubleshooter
You can also try using the built-in update troubleshooter to fix the Update KB5010793 installation problem.
To achieve this, follow these steps.
- Go to the Windows Settings panel by pressing the Windows key + I simultaneously.
- Now go to Update & Security.
- You can access these additional troubleshooters by selecting Troubleshoot and clicking the Additional troubleshooter option.
4. In the next window, select Windows Update and hit the Run the troubleshooter button.
5. Now, wait while the problem is being detected.
6. When the problem has been detected, try to solve it according to the insutructions mentioned.
7. If the problem persists, then click Next to find any other issues.
What Other Issues Have Been Caused By KB5010793 Update?
After installing the KB5010793 update, there is a problem with the PSFX E matching binary. Due to this issue, Windows 10 computers cannot receive updates. Also, you could not authenticate the Remote Desktop connection with smart cards.