Wondering how to print from Hotmail?
I learned the hard way that Windows Live Mail will not print just my email’s contents, but also other items on my web page. The end result was many wasted papers and printing ink!
To help you avoid the same mistake, I’ll talk about printing from Hotmail (now called Outlook).
Printing Emails From Hotmail
There are two ways to print emails from your Hotmail.com account – through the web app and desktop app.
To print emails from your web app,
- Open the email.
- Look for three dots on the top right-hand corner of the email. Click this and look for an option called “Print”
- In the preview mode, click the Print option right at the top to print your email.
The second option is to print your email from your desktop app.
How to print from the Hotmail app? Here’s a step-by-step guide.
- Download Outlook and install it (if you don’t already have it).
- Click the email and open it.
- Look for an option called “Actions” on the top right-hand corner of the email.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Print message”
Alternatively, you can also open the email, and navigate to File > Print on the top left-hand corner to print the email.
In both options, select the printer from the printer dialog box.
With this option, you will print only the email and its contents. The printed page will have no extra items and you won’t waste paper and printer ink either.
Print Email Attachments In Hotmail
The easiest way is to download the attachment to your local computer or save it on OneDrive. Open the attachment using the appropriate program and print it.
To download the attachment,
- Open the email with the attachment
- Just below the attachment, look for an option called “Download” and click it. This will download the attachment to your local computer.
- To save it on OneDrive, you’ll see an option called “Save to OneDrive” right next to “Download”. Click that and the file will be saved in your cloud.
- Double-click the file and it will open in its appropriate program. For example, a PDF file will open in Adobe Reader, a doc file will open in Microsoft Word, and so on.
- Go to File > Print, select the printer, and click the “Print” button to print your email attachment.
- Note: if images are not appearing read our guide on why Hotmail is not showing images.
How Do You See Full Print Preview In Hotmail (Outlook) Desktop and Web App?
To see a full print preview, go to File > Print > Print Options.
Look for a button called Preview at the bottom. Click this to see a preview of your page before it is printed.
This option is identical in both Outlook and the web app.
How Do I Print Multiple Emails In Hotmail?
You can print multiple emails through the Desktop app only. Simply select all the emails you want to print and select File > Print. Choose the printer and press the “Print” button to print multiple emails in one go.
If you want to select consecutive emails, simply press the Shift key and click the first and last email of the list. To elaborate, let’s say you want to print email #2 to email #6 on your list. Press the Shift key and click email #2 first followed by email #6. All the emails from #2 to #6 will get selected, and you can print them.
If the emails you want to print are not consecutive, press the Ctrl key and click on all the emails you want to print. For example, let’s say you want to print email #1, email #7, and email #12. Press the Ctrl key and click on the respective emails to select and print them in one go.
Why Can’t I Print My Hotmail Emails?
You may be unable to print your Hotmail emails due to a host of reasons such as:
- Corrupted or missing Outlprnt file. In Windows 10, go to %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook to see if this file is available. If the file is available, rename this file to a different extension, close Outlook, and restart again.
- Wrong Hotmail SMTP settings for the printer. Double-check these settings.
- Printer problems. Try restarting your printer.
- Printer driver issues. Uninstall the driver and install it again.