Do you have multiple Hotmail email accounts and are now finding it hard to manage them all?
It can be difficult to keep track of all your email accounts, especially if you have different purposes for each one. Maybe you have one for work and one for personal use. Or maybe you want to keep your online shopping separate from your personal emails. Whatever the reason, it’s easy to set up and manage multiple Hotmail accounts.
In this article, we will show you how to log in to a different Hotmail account and manage multiple email accounts using the same easy-to-use interface. You’ll never have to worry about missing an important message again!
How Do I Set Up Multiple Hotmail Accounts?
You can easily set up multiple Hotmail accounts by following these simple steps:
- Go to https://account.microsoft.com/ and click on the profile icon in the top left corner.
- Now choose Sign in with a different account.
3. Now from the sign-in prompt, select Create one.
4. Now, if you want to set up a Hotmail account, then you must select Get a new email address.
5. Enter the first part of your new email address (username) and select hotmail.com instead of outlook.com, then click next.
6. Create a new password that contains letters, numbers, and symbols, and then click Next.
7. You will then be asked to go through a captcha to prove you are human. Simply click next and follow the instructions.
8. That’s all! To create additional Hotmail accounts, repeat this process.
Can I Have 2 Hotmail Accounts Open At The Same Time?
Having two Hotmail accounts open at the same time can be useful if you need to keep track of different kinds of email, or if you have multiple email addresses for different purposes.
So, can you login to a different Hotmail account at the same time? Well, you can have two Hotmail accounts open at the same time. You can simply open two different browsers and log in to outlook to use two accounts simultaneously.
Another option is to set up Mailbird to keep both accounts open side-by-side to see both Inboxes at the same time. This way, you can easily scan both accounts for new mail, and you can reply to messages from either account without having to switch between them.
Note: If you try to log into your Hotmail account with the credentials from your other account, Hotmail may alert you to an issue with the account. Exit the window if this happens and use a new window to log in with the correct credentials.
How Many Hotmail Accounts Can I Have?
At first, one could only have 5 Hotmail accounts, but with time, the limit increased to 15. And now, you can have up to 20 Outlook or Hotmail accounts at one time. You can easily create new ones using different email addresses and manage them all in one place with Microsoft Outlook.
Steps To Switch Between Multiple Hotmail (Microsoft) Accounts
If you have multiple Hotmail accounts, you may want to switch between them effortlessly. Here are the steps to do so:
- Go to your signed-in account on outlook and click the profile icon on the top right corner.
- Now, simply select your other account from the drop-down menu.
- All done! You have successfully switched your Hotmail account, and you can follow the same steps for changing back.
In case you have not signed in to your account, all you have to do is this:
4. Click the profile icon and go to My Profile from the drop-down menu.
5. In the Account Info section, click on Edit account info.
6. Now, click on Add email.
7. Enter your second account’s email address and password, then click on “Add Account.”
8. Simply click on the account name in the top right corner to switch between accounts.
You can also use the Hotmail app on your mobile device to easily switch between multiple accounts. Simply log in with one account, then tap on the account name in the top left corner and select ‘Add another account.’ Enter the credentials for your second account, and you’re all set!
Reasons For Not Being Able To Switch Hotmail Accounts and Solutions
There can be a few reasons you may not be able to switch your Hotmail account. Here are some of the most common reasons and their solutions:
- You don’t have enough storage space in your new account. If you’re trying to switch to a new Hotmail account that doesn’t have enough storage, you won’t be able to do it. You’ll need to either delete some of the content in your new account or upgrade to a paid Hotmail account with more storage space.
- Your new account isn’t verified. Your account must first be verified to switch to a new Hotmail account. Simply log into it and click on the “Verify” link in the top navigation bar to verify your new account.
- You’re trying to switch to an account that’s already been used. If you’re trying to switch to a Hotmail account that’s already been used, you won’t be able to make the switch. You’ll need to create a new account and use that instead.
- You’re using an outdated browser. If you’re using an outdated web browser, you may not be able to switch to a new Hotmail account. To fix this, simply update your web browser to the latest version. (note: this also helps fix the Hotmail ‘Bad Request’ error.)
- You don’t have a valid email address – To switch to a new Hotmail account, you must have a valid email address. If you don’t have a valid email address, you’ll need to create one before you can make the switch.
- You won’t be able to switch between different Hotmail accounts if you have clicked on the ‘keep me signed in’ option. It means that your current account will remain logged in even if you try to log into another account. To solve this problem, you simply need to log out of your existing account and then try logging into the other account again.
How To Combine Multiple Hotmail (Outlook) Inboxes Under One Account?
If you have multiple Outlook accounts, you may be looking for a way to combine them into one inbox. It can be a great way to keep all of your email organized in one place, making it easier to manage your schedule and correspondence.
There are a few different ways to combine multiple Outlook accounts, and we’ll walk you through the process step-by-step.
- The first thing you’ll need is to sign in to your Outlook account.
- Select the New Folder option from the right side and enter the name you want.
- Now, select the people’s emails you want to move together with the other account’s emails.
- From the options on the top, choose Move to and select Move to a different folder if you want to move these emails only once. Here, you can select the newly created folder.
- Otherwise, select Move all messages from… and, select Move all messages from the inbox folder, and then choose the new folder.
- Once you have selected these options, click OK.
- Just repeat these steps with the inboxes of other Hotmail accounts as well. You will be able to have all your inboxes in one place.