Do you think your email is hacked? Do you have a www.Hotmail.com account and are wondering how to change the password in Outlook?
Well, it is easy if you know your password. In this article, we will talk about how to change your Hotmail/Outlook password across different devices.
How To Change Hotmail Password In Windows
Here are the steps to change the password in Windows.
- Log into your account using your username and click “Next”
- On the next screen, enter your password.
- Click on your profile at the top right-hand corner and select “My Account”
- On the left-hand pane, look for an option called “Password” and click it
- In the next window, enter your old password and the new password you want to have.
- Click “Submit”
You will get a message that your password has been changed. Now you can log in with your new Hotmail password.
Note: We also have a guide on how to change Hotmail security questions if you want to do this too.
How To Change Hotmail Password On Phone
Next, let’s see how you can change your Hotmail password on the phone.
How To Change Hotmail Email Password On Android
At the time of writing this piece, the Outlook.com app does not allow you to change your password through the app.
The only way to change your password is to visit the Outlook.com site and reset your password using the above steps. Once you’re done with changing the password, open your Outlook app.
You will be prompted to enter your new password. After entering the password, click “Sign in” to access your Outlook.
Now, this works if you’re using the Outlook app. But if you have the Hotmail app, it’s a good idea to move to Outlook.
Here are the steps for changing the password on your Hotmail app.
- Open your Hotmail app and navigate to “Menu” and “More”
- Choose Account Settings > Incoming settings
- Enter your new password and click Next. This will change your password automatically.
How To Change The Hotmail Password On An iPhone?
If you’re using the Outlook app, changing your password is a simple process.
Change your password on the web, open your Outlook, use the updated password if prompted, and start accessing your email.
How To Change My Password In Hotmail On My iPad?
On your iPad, you can change your Hotmail password through the Hotmail app.
If you want to use Outlook, follow the steps mentioned above for the iPhone. If you want to change through your default email app, here are the steps.
- Open Settings and go to Mail, Contacts, and Calendars
- All the accounts that are set up on your iPad will be listed and from this list, choose Hotmail.
- Open the Hotmail app and click “Account”. You will be prompted for a password. Here, click the Change Password option and enter a new password. Press “Done” once you change the password.
Change Password For Hotmail On Mac
To change the Hotmail password for Hotmail on Mac,
- Go to Tools > Accounts
- On the left-hand pane, check the account you want, if you have more than one account configured.
- On the right-hand pane, enter a new password and close the window.
That’s it! The new password is saved automatically.
Is My Outlook Password The Same As My Hotmail Password?
Yes, it’s the same password for Outlook, Hotmail, Microsoft 365, and all other Microsoft-related services.
Note: If you see the error, ‘Your Hotmail settings are out of date‘, try the tips in this article to solve it.