Are you locked out of your account and cannot receive the security code? Or are you getting security codes even if you did not request one? Well, no matter what the issue is, we will help you sort it out.
In this article, we have a solution to your Microsoft account verification code problems! Our guide will show you how to fix security code problems and never be locked out of your account again.
Reasons For Hotmail Security Code Problems
There could be several reasons you’re having problems with your security code.
- It could be that the code is just wrong. If you’re sure that you’re entering the correct code, it may be just a case of the wrong number being inputted.
- Another possibility is that the code has expired. The security code is only valid for a certain amount of time, so if you’re trying to use it after that time limit has passed, it won’t work.
- There could also be an issue with your account. If there’s something wrong with your Hotmail account, it could affect your ability to use the security code. You should check your email address and re-enter it.
- Once you select your country, don’t enter the country code again while typing in your number. Or else you might not get the code.
Tips For Using Hotmail Security Codes
Here are some tips to keep in mind when dealing with Hotmail security codes:
- Make sure you enter the code within 24 hours, or it will expire.
- The code is case-sensitive, so be careful when entering it.
- Don’t add any unnecessary spaces or characters other than the code.
- If you’re having trouble entering the code, you can try clicking on the link that says Didn’t receive the security code? And you will get a new code soon.
- If you dont receive the code within 30 minutes, request another one. And in case you get both the codes at the same time, try using both one by one.
I Am Not Getting My Hotmail/ Microsoft Security Code: What Should I Do?
If you’re not receiving your Microsoft security code, you can do a few things to troubleshoot the issue.
- In case you got the code on your email, check your spam or junk mail folder for the security code. If it’s not in your spam folder, try adding [email protected] and [email protected] to your safe sender list.
- If you asked to receive the code on your number, try rechecking your number if you missed any digits. Or check if your phone allows messages from unknown numbers. If it is not allowed, go to the settings and turn it on.
- If you’re still not receiving the security code, try requesting a new one. To do this, go to the Microsoft account sign-in page and enter your email address. Select I didn’t get a code. And click Request a new code on the next page.
Solutions For Not Receiving Security Code On Mobile
- Check your battery-related settings. If your device is on battery optimization, it may not be able to receive text message notifications. Try turning off battery optimization settings to make sure you are receiving the code.
- Turn off Do not disturb mode. If you have do not disturb mode turned on, your device may not be able to receive text messages. Try turning off this setting and see if that helps.
- Restart your mobile device. Sometimes a simple restart can fix minor problems with your device. After restarting, try requesting a new security code from Microsoft.
- If you’re still having trouble, contact Hotmail support for further assistance.
How Do I Bypass My Hotmail Security Code?
You cannot bypass your security code as it is against the Microsoft account security policies. However, here are some other ways of signing in if you forgot your password:
- If you have set up two-factor authentication, you can go for that.
- You can also sign in by entering your security pin.
- Another option is to answer the security question if you have set up any.
I Received A Microsoft Verification Code But Didn’t Request It: What Should I Do?
If you are receiving Microsoft security codes without requesting them, it means that someone is trying to log into your account. It is called a phishing attempt, and it’s important to be aware of these attempts so you can keep your account safe. In this case, the best thing to do is to check your Activity Log for any suspicious activities. If there is anything, you do not remember doing, quickly change your password immediately.
You can do a few things if you think a phisher is targeting you.
- Ensure that you do not give out the security code to untrustable sources. And Microsoft does not ask you for security codes, and they don’t reach out from regular phone numbers.
- Stay alert for other signs of phishing attempts. It can include suspicious emails or texts that claim to be from Microsoft or another company. If you’re unsure if an email is legitimate, don’t click on any links or attachments. Instead, go to the company’s website directly to see if there is any information about the supposed email.
- Change your password regularly. It will help keep your account safe from someone trying to get your security code.