You’re trying to send an email, but your Hotmail isn’t working! You must be wondering what is wrong with Hotmail? Don’t worry; we understand how frustrating it can be when your email stops sending.
We know that you don’t have time to waste, so we want to help you fix your Hotmail as quickly as possible. Scroll down for our step-by-step guide on troubleshooting your account and getting it working again.
Causes For Hotmail Not Working
There could be a few reasons why your Hotmail account isn’t working. Here are some things to check:
- Make sure you’re using the correct email address and password. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it on the Microsoft account website.
- Make sure your device meets the minimum system requirements for the Hotmail app or software.
- Make sure the app or software you’re using is up to date.
Check Your Hotmail (Outlook) Account First If Hotmail Is Not Working
If you’re having trouble accessing your Hotmail account, there could be a few reasons.
- Ensure that you’re using the correct email address and password to log in.
- If you’re still having trouble, check if Hotmail is down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
- Lastly, it’s possible that your password has been changed, and the email apps require you to sign in again. However, if you have not changed your password, your account has been hacked or compromised somehow.
Why Is My Hotmail Not Working On My Phone: How To Fix
Hotmail Not Working On My iPhone / iPad: Solutions
Are you traveling overseas and is your Hotmail not working abroad on iPhone? Whether your answer is yes or no, we have solutions for you regardless! These methods can be used if Hotmail is not working on safari as well.
Solution 1: Change Mail Sync Settings
If you are having syncing problems with your Hotmail, then all you have to do is to change the Check Mail Days to Sync on the iPhone.
- Go to your iPad/iPhone’s Settings.
- Here, go to Passwords & Accounts and click on your Hotmail account.
3. Now, tap on the Mail Days to Sync.
4. Select No Limit and that’s it.
Your emails will get synced regularly without any hindrance and your Hotmail might work again.
Note: This syncing solution can also fix Hotmail error 3219.
Solution 2: Re-add Hotmail Account
If you’re having trouble with your Hotmail account on your iPad, one thing you can try is removing and re-adding the account.
To remove a Hotmail account from your iPad:
- Tap Settings, then Passwords & Accounts.
- Under Accounts, tap the account you want to remove.
- Here, tap on Delete Account.
4. In the confirmation prompt, click Delete.
Here is how to re-add your Hotmail account to your iPad:
- Tap Settings and then go to Accounts & Passwords again.
- Tap on the Add Account.
3. Now, select the Outlook.com option.
4. In the new box, type your Hotmail account and Password.
5. Now, click Done.
6. Sync your Contacts, Microsoft Outlook Calendar, and Mail and you are good to go!
Solution 3: Check Fetch New Data Settings
If you’re using an iPad, there’s a settings option that allows you to check for new data automatically.
To check this setting,
- Go to the Settings app on your iPad.
- Then, go to Accounts & Passwords.
- Under the Accounts section, you’ll see an option of Fetch New Data.
4. Here, you can choose how often you want your iPad to check for new data. The options are Every 15 Minutes, Every 30 Minutes, Hourly, or Manually.
5. Select Automatically to fetch new data without doing it yourself.
6. While you are it, you can turn on Push.
Solution 4: Check For iOS Update
There are two ways to update your iPad: via iTunes or directly on the device itself.
- If you update your iPad via iTunes, you will need to connect your iPad to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Once iTunes is open, select your iPad from the Devices menu in the left-hand sidebar.
- Then, click on the Summary tab and click the Check for Update button.
- If there is an update available, iTunes will prompt you to download and install it.
If you update your iPad directly on the device itself, you will need to:
- Go to Settings and now go to General.
- In Settings, tap on Software Update.
- If there is an update available, you will be prompted to download and install it.
Once the update has been installed, your iPad will reboot and you will be running the latest version of iOS.
Hotmail Not Working On My Android: Solutions
If you’re having trouble using Hotmail on your Android device, there are a few things you can try to fix the problem.
- First, make sure that you have the latest version of the Hotmail app installed. If you don’t, update it from the Google Play Store.
- Next, check your internet connection. If you’re using a mobile data connection, make sure you have enough data allowance left. If you’re on Wi-Fi, try turning it off and back on again.
- If neither of those solutions work, try uninstalling the Hotmail app and then reinstalling it.
Hotmail Not Working In Windows 11/10 Or MacOS
Hotmail Not Working In Chrome Or Gmail: Solutions
If you’re having trouble getting your Hotmail account to work in Gmail or Chrome, there are a few things you can try.
Solution 1: Check Internet Connection
Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet and that you have a strong signal. Try opening a different website in your browser to see if it loads properly.
Solution 2: Clear Browser Cookies And Caches
Cookies and caches can sometimes cause problems with loading websites. To clear them in Chrome, open the browser and click on the three dots in the top right corner. Then, click “More tools” and “Clear browsing data.” Make sure to select “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files.” Then, click “Clear data.” Cache is usually the cause of images not working in Hotmail also.
If you’re using Gmail to send emails from your Hotmail account and it’s not working, you may need to remove the account and try to set it up again in Gmail. Here’s a quick guide on how to do that:
- Click the profile icon in the top right corner.
- From here, click Sign out or select your Hotmail account you are having issues with and then sign out from there.
3. After that, go to the profile icon again and click Add account.
4. Enter your email and password, then continue.
Hotmail Not Working In Outlook Web App: How To Fix
If you’re having trouble accessing your Hotmail account in Outlook Web App, there are a few things you can try to fix the problem.
- First, make sure that you’re using the correct email address and password. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it by going to the Hotmail sign-in page and clicking the “Forgot your password?” link.
- If you’re still having trouble, it’s possible that your account has been temporarily suspended due to suspicious activity. If this is the case, you’ll need to contact Hotmail customer support to have your account unsuspended.
Hotmail Not Working In Outlook App For Windows 11/ 10 & MacOS: Solutions
First, make sure that you’ve entered the correct email address and password for your Hotmail account. If you’re still having trouble, you may need to remove the account from the Outlook app and add it again.
If you’re not sure how to do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Outlook App.
- Click on File in the top left corner.
3. Go to Account Settings.
4. Here, click on the account you want to remove and then click on the small Remove button above.
5. Confirm that you want to delete the account by clicking on the Delete button.
Here’s how to add the account back:
- To add the account again, go to the Account Settings by following the same steps and click on the New button.
- Enter your Hotmail email address and password.
- Click on the Sign-in button.
Hotmail Not Working In Mail For Windows 11/10: Solutions
If you’re having trouble accessing your Hotmail account through the Mail app on MacOS, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that your account is set up correctly. If it is, then you may need to remove the account and add it again.
- To do this, open the Mail app and go to the Accounts section. From here, select your Hotmail account and click on the account you want to remove.
- From the new prompt, select Delete account from this device.
3. Now you will see a confirmation box, click Delete.
Here is how to add your account back:
- Now, you can add your Hotmail account again by clicking on the + Add account button.
2. From the new dialogue box, select Outlook account.
3. Enter your email address and password.
4. Now, click Done to add the account.
Once you’ve added your account, try accessing it again to see if the issue has been resolved.
Hotmail Not Working On Mail App MacOS: Solutions
If you’re having trouble accessing your Hotmail account through the Mail app on macOS, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that your account is set up correctly. If it is, then you may need to remove the account and add it again.
- To do this, open the Mail app and go to the Accounts section. From here, select your Hotmail account and click on the “-” button at the bottom. This will remove the account from the Mail app.
- Now, you can add your Hotmail account again by clicking on the “+” button and following the prompts. Once you’ve added your account, try accessing it again to see if the issue has been resolved.
Why Is Hotmail Not Working If You Haven’t Logged In For A While
If you haven’t logged in to your Hotmail account in a while, you may be wondering why it’s not working. The answer is simple – Hotmail deletes dormant accounts after 2 years. So if you want to keep using your Hotmail account, make sure to log in at least once every two years.
Hotmail isn’t the only email service that does this – Gmail and Yahoo Mail also delete inactive accounts. So, if you have an old email account that you haven’t used in a while, it’s probably best to just delete it.