Have your Hotmail inbox emails disappeared? Many people have been reporting this issue, so we decided to find a solution as fast as possible. We know how important email is, and we want to make sure that all our users can access their messages without any problems.
So, if you wonder how to restore all my missing Hotmail messages, keep scrolling!
Why Have My Emails Disappeared From My Hotmail Inbox?
There are a few possible explanations if you’re wondering why your emails have disappeared from your Hotmail inbox.
- It’s possible that you accidentally deleted them or that they were somehow lost in the transition when Hotmail became Outlook.com. If you think you may have deleted your emails, you can check the Trash folder to see if they are there. If they are not in the Trash, they may be gone forever.
- Someone might have hacked into your account and deleted your messages, or Microsoft has suspended or deleted your account for violating their terms of service.
- Another possibility is that they were moved to another location, such as a different folder. If you think your emails may have been moved to another location, you can check the other folders in your account to see if they’re there. You can also use the search function to look for specific emails.
- Hotmail messages disappeared from inbox in the past because of inactivity. If you don’t log in to your account regularly and don’t have any successful login attempts for a year, your data is automatically deleted due to inactivity. So, check-in on your account often to avoid losing your data.
How Do I Retrieve Hotmail Emails That Have Disappeared? Steps?
If you are worried and thinking about how to restore all my missing Hotmail messages, then here are some quick solutions for you.
Check Deleted Folder
You can retrieve your Hotmail inbox emails that disappeared in some cases from the deleted folder; here is how:
- Go to outlook.com and login to your Hotmail
- On the left, under ‘Folders,’ look for ‘Deleted Items’ and click on it.
- Once the folder opens, check if there are any of your disappeared emails here.
- If there are, select the emails you want back and click ‘Recover Deleted Items”.
Note: Any emails deleted over 15 to 30 days are stored in this folder.
5. If you can not find your emails here, you can type in the subject line in the search bar above. If you do not remember the subject line, you can search for the sender’s name.
Now, if you still can not find your lost emails, then chances are that they are permanently deleted. But do check our article on how to recover deleted emails in Hotmail for more guidance on this issue.
Don’t lose hope yet; the next solution might help you.
Check Sent Items
It can be that you replied to the email and forgot. If you did reply, you could quickly recover the lost emails from that thread. Here’s how:
- Login to your Hotmail at Outlook
- On the left, find ‘Sent Items’ under the “folders’ category.
- Check if the email you are looking for is there.
Check Junk Mail
It is possible that the system mistook the emails as spam and moved them to the Junk folder .
- Repeat the first step same as the previous methods
- Select ‘Junk Email’ from the left side.
3. Check if the disappeared emails are here and select them, then click restore.
Note: Emails in Junk get deleted in 10 days. So, if your emails have been lost for more than ten days, you won’t find them anymore.
It can be that the emails you are looking for got replied automatically or have been marked as read, so you cant find them. Here’s to prevent this from happening:
- Go to ‘Settings’ from the homepage, and from the drop-down menu, select ‘View all outlook settings.’
2. From here, go to ‘Message Handling’ and choose the fourth option under ‘Mark as read’ and tick the box stating ‘Always keep the items unread unless I explicitly mark items as read.’
3. Under ‘Read receipts,’ select ‘Ask me before sending a response.’
4. After selecting all the suitable options, click save, and that’s all.
How Do I Stop My Hotmail Emails From Disappearing In The Future?
If you’re wondering how do I stop my Hotmail emails from disappearing in the future, there are a few things you can do to help prevent this from happening again.
- Check your email account’s settings to ensure that any automatic deletion features are turned off.
- If you have multiple email accounts set up on your device, make sure Hotmail is set as the primary account.
- Regularly back up your email data so that you can always access it even if something does happen to your account.